Passports can be renewed exclusively in the following cases:
Expiry of the 5 or 10 year validity of the previous passport.
There are no longer any blank pages left in the passport
- Individual has evidence of being registered under a new Name, Surname, or Date of Birth; in which case it is required provide that evidence namely their Iranian Birth Certificate, or “Shenasname”
It is worth noting as of June 21, 2008, older passports can no longer be extended, and holders of these will need to collect the following documents to get a new passport issued:
- A copy application form [ 101 ] for passport renewal
The Original and a photocopy of their old passport (this should include the first 6 pages for 5-year-long-valid passports, and the first 11 pages for the older passports )
The original Birth Certificate (Shenasname), as well as a photocopy (2 for Dutch passport holders or refugees) of all the pages. (Birth certificate of individuals above 15 years of age must contain an ID photo)
- The Original copy as well as a photocopy of the individual’s Dutch residence permit card.
*Those possessing a Dutch passport must instead of a residence permit card, provide the following mentioned in A.
*2 Filled out copies of Affidavits: found in form [ 102 ], regarding the pledge to uphold an Iranian Nationality.
*A photocopy of the Dutch Nationality card (Front and Back) and a photocopy of Dutch passport.
*Refugees and Immigrants or those who have requested asylum upon arrival to the Netherlands, must provide the following mentioned below in B:
*2 Filled out immigration applications .
*A photocopy of Dutch residence permit card (Front and back), as well as that of their Dutch immigration passport.
- A filled out copy of form [ 103 ], for changing place of residence, and issuance of multiple exiting permit.
- Original and photocopy of the Certificate of Completion of Military Service or Exemption from Service, or filling out Formno.104 for granting permission to exit once a year (for those required to do Military service and those born after 1338 (1959) who have not yet done their service and are not in possession of any Exemptions and have left the country before 29 of Esfand 1382 (19March 2004) and for a stay of 2 years abroad. )
- Three 3x4cm passport photos taken within the past six month, (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, a plain white background & without a hat, glasses or neck scarves). According to the regulations of the IRI, women applicants should be wearing head scarves. [Note: Applicant should also remember to include their personal details on the backside of the passport photos.]
- Original of Birth certificate (Shenasname), along with photocopies of all the pages of the document and 2 ID photos of the spouse and/or children of applicant (only in the case the applicant has their details inscribed in his passport in advance.
- Filled-out application form [ 111 ], for the company of the spouse and children of applicant.
- This application form must be filled out by the husband, and for having the company of his wife or via the father for having the accompanying his children in his passport or that of the mother of the children and undersigned.
- Original copy of birth certificate of the individuals accompanying the traveler and the photocopy of all the pages of the certificate.
- Two 3x4cm passport photos taken within the past six month, (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, a plain white background & without a hat, glasses or neck scarves). According to the regulations of the IRI, women applicants should be wearing head scarves. [Note: Applicant should also remember to include their personal details on the backside of the passport photos.]
- A photocopy of the residence permits card (front and back) or a photocopy of Dutch passport.
- Wiring the relevant fees using the PIN machine, at the consular section of the embassy.