Obtaining your Iranian Nationality
According to Article 979 of the Civil Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran:
“Individuals can obtain Iranian nationality if they:
1 - Have reached the full age of 18.
2- Have resided five years, whether continuously or intermittently, in Iran.
3 - Are not Draft Dodgers (Deserters of military service)
4 - Have not in any country been convicted of non - political major misdemeanours or felonies.
In the case of Clause 2 of this Article, the period of residence in foreign countries in the
Service of the Iranian Government will be considered as residence in Iran. ”
- An application form for obtaining an Iranian Nationality filled out and undersigned by the applicant.
- Original copy and photocopy of the applicant’s most recent academic diploma(s)/documents.
- Original copy and 2 photocopies of Identification and Citizenship papers and documents of applicant and his/her spouse’s.
- 3 6x4cm ID photos of the applicant (along with negatives) taken within the past six month, (Including a full face, front view, white background, open eyes, without a hat, glasses or neck scarves, with the exception of headscarves(hijab for women)). [The individual’s personal details must be inscribed on the back of every piece of photo]
- 6 6x9cm group photos of spouse and /or children(under 18, given that they are of foreign nationality)
- Original copy and 2 photocopies of marriage documents.
** Click here to download the application form for Obtaining an Iranian Nationality.