Obtaining your National ID card
The Iranian National ID card is an Identification document issuable for all Iranian Nationals above and including 15 years of age. This ID document is valid for a period of 7 years, and is issued in the following situations:
- Applying for a first National ID card.
- Need for replacement for consistency with recently modified Birth Certificate personal details (name, surname,..)
- Need for replacement due to change in address residence
- Replacement for a lost National ID Card
- Replacement for a damaged National ID Card
- Expiry of old National ID card
- A filled out copy of application form [no. 270]
- Original copy and a photocopy of all pages of the applicant’s Iranian Birth Certificate(Shenasname).
- Two 3x4cm (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, without a hat, glasses or neck scarves, with the exception of headscarves(hijab for women)). [The individual’s personal details must be inscribed on the back of every piece of photo]
- Referring to the embassy in person and submitting the required documents.
*Payment of the application fee at the consular section of the Embassy.
NOTE: If the applicant is not aware of his/her National ID card number, then s/he is not required to necessarily fill out the respective field in form no.270.
The received documents for obtaining your National ID card, will be transferred to the National Civil Registrations Organization, and upon subsequent issuance of the ID card, it will be delivered to the applicant.