Marriage of an Iranian Man to an Iranian woman
Applicants may apply for registering their marriage upon submitting the complete set of required documents. The delivered documents will be reviewed and in case of completeness, the applicants will receive a telephone call (at the phone number provided to the embassy through the application sheets), informing them of the date of scheduled appointment for presence at the embassy for undersigning marriage registration documents.
In urgent cases, upon delivering the complete set of required documents, it will be possible to register marriage on direct referral to the embassy and without the need to wait for a prescheduled appointment.
- Filled out application [no. 201]
- In case the man or woman involved is not able to physically refer to the embassy for the proceedings of the process, the man or woman may using the Power of Attorneys [no.231] & [no.232] respectively, have either somebody else or even their ex-spouse be delegated the authority of signing the divorce registration documents on their behalf.
- Original Birth Certificate of the man and woman.
* Filled out application [no. 219] for issuance of a Certificate of Celibacy (only if one of the BCs is the duplicate copy of a lost one(almosana))
- Original letter of consent for a first marriage, written by the woman’s father or paternal grandfather, and approved of by an official public notary. (If father or paternal grandfather is a resident of Iran )
*if father or paternal grandfather is a resident of Holland, then their presence at the Embassy for this registration if mandatory
*In case the father or paternal grandfather is deceased, then their Iranian-issued death certificates must be presented. If either parties of the marriage possess a history of divorce, their certificates of divorce must also be submitted.
- Original Certificate of recitation of verses of the Islamic Matrimonial contract (Sigheye Aghd), issued by Islamic centers recognized and approved of by the Embassy.
- Official Dutch Certificate of Marriage. (If the Certificate of marriage is not a Dutch certificate, then it must be validated by the embassy of the relevant country, in the Netherlands, as well as by the MFA of the Netherlands.
- Certificate of general physical health, sheets of the couples’ medical examinations, such as tests for indication of blood types, diagnoses for Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STDs), HIV, Thalassaemia, and Illegal Drug abuse, as well as report of blood type compatibility (based on the blood RH, and issued from credible medical institutions and hospitals). It is worth noting that if a period of 1 year has already passed since the date of the judicial marriage, it is no longer necessary to provide these documents.
- Four recently taken 3x4cm ID photos of the applicant husband and wife (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, without a hat, glasses or neck scarves, with the exception of headscarves(hijab for women)). [The individual’s personal details must be inscribed on the back of every piece of photo]
- Paymentof fees to the bank account number : 22.214.171.1247 AT FORTIS BANK
Account No: 126.96.36.1997
NOTE: The applicant must remember to include his/her name and surname in the “communication” field.
Account Holder EMBASSY OF THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN
Bank Name: FORTIS BANK
Place: DEN HAAG
- A photocopy of applicant’s Dutch Residence permit or Identity Card (Identiteitskaart ).