Description: A tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested in travelling to Iran, visit tourist sites and attraction or friends/relatives. This visa cannot be used for long-term stays or residence, and can be applied for, through the consulates and the consular sectionsof the embassies of IRI outside of Iran.
Requirements and regulations:
- Presence of applicant, and submission of their original passport of the applicant. (The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application, & contain a minimum of two blank pages void of any stamps.)
- Filling out and signing 2 copies of the respective visa application form.
- The form should be well legible and void of scribbles and scrawls.
- In case the applicant is willing to also apply for his or her spouse and children as companions in the passport, s/he must fully include their accurate personal details in the application form.
- The personal details of the spouse and children (under 18) who will accompany the traveler must be inscribed in the applicant’s passport in advance.
- 2 6x4cm passport photos taken within the past six month, (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, without a hat, glasses or neck scarves), for the applicant and each of his/her family members accompanying him/her.
- The application fees for individuals of American, British, and Canadian nationality will be expected at the time of submitting the form and required documents for the visa application, and are not reimbursable in the event of their visas being rejected.
- Visa application Fees for German nationals are also expected at the time of submitting the form and required documents for the visa application, however in the event of their visas being rejected, a half of the fees will be reimbursable.
- The Original copy as well as a photocopy of the individual’s Dutch residence permit card
- A copy of passport’s page/s in which the personal details are shown
- The Original and a photocopy of Insurance card.
- The government of IRI reserves its rights regarding the issuance of visa or otherwise, for the foreign national applicants as well as demanding of documents and other records relevant to the process.
- After having received and reviewed the full set of documents and papers, the consular officer will notify the applicant about the receipt and indicate the date and time for the applicant to come back for further proceedings of the application process.
- Upon the receipt of the visa, the applicant should carefully examine correctness of the details inscribed on the document, regarding the nature of stay, dates and so on, and contact the consular officer in case of any mistakes having occurred in the visa issued for the individual.
- The holder of visa should carefully observe the exact dates stipulated in his/her visa, and ensure that the arrival and departure to and from the country fully corresponds to the dates figured in the visa.
- A stay any longer than the period stated in applicant’s issued visa, is illegal according to the laws of the IRI.
- In the event that the applicant intends to prolong his/her visit to the IRI, regardless of the basis, s/he is required to refer to the Department of Foreign Nationals affairs of the IRI and to request an extension of their permitted stay as indicated in their visa.
- Subsequent to entering the territory of the IRI, the holder of the visa is obligated to abide by its laws and regulations.
Click here to download the form
Click here to review the relevant fees